Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Got Out of My Shorts Today

I figured that the markets would fall this morning, but not by more than a percent or so.
The Dow fell right to its 50-day, held all day and bounced into the close.

I had a lot of orders in to sell at the open and got very good prices on DUG and FXP. I actually got everybody out at the high for the day on DUG!

The Unemployment Numbers come out tomorrow morning. The ADP Employment Report was released yesterday and was given credit for the heavy selling. So I figure that tomorrow's numbers can't be anything but a positive surprise. So far, so good...

Postions Sold Today
FXB between $152.10 and $152.40
SKF between $112 and $113
DUG at the open for $23.75
FXP at the open for $36.32

Positions Bought Today for a few traders
Crude Oil (USO) between $32.35 - $32.40 (Stop Loss at $31.80)
200% the DJIA (DDM) at $31.22 (Stop Loss at $31)

I also have a stop in above the market to buy the -200% Short 20-year US Treasury ETF (TBT). We'll see if it triggers tomorrow morning.

No comments: