Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My 100th Post!!

Yesterday I wrote the following –

“The goal of QE (Quantitative Easing) is to be considered irresponsible when it comes to future inflation, so I would expect to see some statement that lets everybody know that Helicopter Ben has taken to the skies and is about to carpet bomb the country with new money.”

Today was a $1.15 trillion bombing run by Uncle Ben.

Let me be perfectly clear – this was not a good thing, this was the Fed panicking. After all the bs Bernanke spouted in front of Congress and 60 Minutes the last few weeks regarding the strength of the economy, you would expect him to be raising rates. The Government is now fixing the price of assets like Bonds and Real Estate.

What investor in their right mind would buy a Mortgage Security yielding 4%? Oh that’s right, the US Taxpayer…

Before it is over, these numbskulls will load $7 – 10 trillion of worthless debt off of the balance sheets of banks and onto the balance sheets of the US Taxpayer. The goal of the Fed is to then inflate the real value of the debt away. The US is a dead man walking…

I also wrote the following yesterday –

“I expect wild gyrations in price tomorrow and I think there is a real possibility for multi-day to multi-week moves to occur in the US Dollar/Euro, Long/Short Gold and Long/Short Treasuries. I will have stops in place to participate in whichever direction the Big Money Crowd decides to deploy money.”

I had stops in to buy the following –

Gold (GLD at $88.10)

US Treasury 20-year Bonds (TLT at $101.40)

Double Short US Treasury (TBT at $48.50)

Double US Dollar (UUP at $26)

I got stopped into GLD and TLT when the Post-Fed bonanza hit at 11:15.

GLD closed today at $93.09

TLT closed at $104.37


I sold my FXE (Euro) today, because there was not place to put a stop in and defend my position.


I think the markets are overbought and will look to add Bonds and Gold/Gold Stocks.

The markets are in a confirmed rally and we’ll see how it goes.

I’ll post something comprehensive on QE over the weekend.

No comments: